Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hats

I've been thinking about hats lately. Caps would be a better word.
Hats mean dressing up. And who dresses up any more! Except for Queen Elizabeth. At one point, I couldn't believe that any person on the planet could come out in public with a hat like this.
But what the heck - her public expects it.


Enter Camilla Parker Bowles. This lady doesn't have to take a back seat to the Queen!


Milliners (is that what they call people who design hats?) must make big money in Britain. Who the heck are they? How come we don't know? Princess Diana certainly ignored hats. Mind you, she was drop dead gorgeous.
(whoops - poor choice of words)

The Aritha Franklins of the world can wear the most outrageous hats with complete aplomb. Mind you, if you can sing like her, you can pretty well do what you want.


Right now I have about 10 ball caps. Not enough. I went through a phase of putting socks in my ball caps - to fill up the empty spaces. But one day the wind blew the cap and a pair of socks all over the 6th green - way too embarrassing. I also have 2 of those new "military" looking caps, one of which I wear quite a lot. Not necessarily on the golf course, either. Military type caps look like this - mine is a "Puma" in dark brown.

I've been looking at another hat style. Hmmmm. It's not that I don't have the nerve - anyone who puts socks in her golf cap.
I wonder if I could pull it off.


Now then - does anyone know where I can get a pair of those sun glasses?

1 comment:

  1. I just acquired a 1940's hat box, the round kind with the big strap, from my Mom's move and inside of it were several really ornate hats like the ones the queen wears only not so big. My Mom bought them and actually wore them many times throughout her life. One is from Macy's on 34th Street in New York City which she bought in the spring of 1949! They are works of art! But you're right, only certain people can pull them off! Britain has a love affair with the hat!

    ReplyDelete