Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Movin' On -HEAT WAVE!!!

The golf course at 4 in the afternoon strikes me as a dangerous place to be. "I won't walk today. It's too hot"
But the seat on the golf cart is too hot, and I go back to walking. There are shadows along the tree line, and that's where I try to shoot my ball. I do surprisingly well on the first nine, considering my state of mind. Which is "What am I doing here?"
Yes, there's a major heat wave here. Records are being set, and people are starting to tell their "I was so hot that . . . . ." stories.
I bought a tube of sun block - my first one in a long time. Where I come from, it's been so cool that by the time you found a day to use your sun block, it was way out of date.
I bought hot weather clothes - my first such attire in a long time. No need.
Our vehicle lost it's air-conditioning a while back and we wondered whether to spend the money to fix it, as we're getting rid of it soon. Thank goodness we went through with the repair. Our car is one of the coolest places to be right now.
I feel sorry for the people who have to tidy up their homes so that a possible buyer can look at it. That's what we're doing right now a lot of the time, and what a hassle it must be for them.
My sandals have left marks on my feet, so if I wear other shoes, it looks funny, and I have the feeling it will take a year to get rid of this dark tan.
People are sitting outside of an evening visiting with friends - such happy voices. Others just enjoying a book, perhaps, or doing a bit of gardening, saw a lady knitting yesterday. It occurred to me that we never did this in our other life. Either too hot, too cold, too windy, too many bugs.
The beach is busy right now. At 5:30 this morning a woman sat in the wooden chair on the lawn taking pictures of the sun rising. I never saw her before.

2 comments:

  1. I envy you being right on the ocean right now. Are you dipping your toes in the water or perhaps diving right in? I can't believe how hot it is. It is sweltering. Can you imagine what the wedding would have been like if it had taken place in this heat?
    Hope your house hunting is going well. My friend's mom is selling her place at Eagle Crest Golf Course. Sandfordhomes realty. 1046 Widgeon Place. Looks kind of interesting but probably needs updating. It's in Qualicum somewhere. Who knows, it may be what you're looking for.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my dearest elder relative.

    This is graham.

    Just letting you know that i got a blog.

    Heres the link http://thatguysblog1.blogspot.com/

    Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete