Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Front Row

A golf tournament at the Dominican Republic. The grooming and greening of the golf course is awesome. After a cold, wet and windy round of golf in 'beautiful Vancouver Island' I stare in wonder at the almost astounding view of the Carribbean Ocean lapping on the shores of the fairways. Everyone in shirt sleeves - their $300 sunglasses making the perfect statement about priviledge. I want to be on that golf course.
Freddie Couples is leading. I'm glad about this because I've always been a Freddie Couples fan. And he looks good. Trimmer than he's been. Tanned and just as loose and easy as always. His long long drives that loop so gracefully up and back. In slow motion we "oh" and "ah" at the perfection. Sand shots look so easy when these guys do them - just pop those babies up right next to the pin! And the putting, the slow, quiet, smooth putts. This is where the game is won and lost. You can louse up your long shots big time, but if you have a decent short game, you'll always come out pretty good. If you have a dynamite short game, you can win a tournament.
Live television is the best television. I snuggle down in my easy chair, and smile in envy as Freddie does his thing. I don't have to buy a ticket, and I get the best seat in the house.
And my guy wins! Freddie Couples wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment