Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the Tiger saga


"I feel sorry for Tiger".
Merv always laughs when I say this. I think he's laughing because Tiger's got so much money. That whole thing about - if he has a lot of money, why would you feel sorry for him.
But I still feel sorry for him. When I think about Tiger's Dad, I can't help but feel that Tiger is devastated right now. His Dad would be so disappointed in his son. And what he's done to his reputation.
I feel sorry for his kids. I wonder whether they will ever know their Dad very well, or be very close with him.
And I suppose like everyone else, I'm surprised that he handled his "other life" so badly. He would never lose that kind of discipline on the golf course. He would never lose that kind of concentration on the golf course. Everything about his "other life" seems to fly in the face of the kind of guy he is.
Think about it. His tournament face is a sombre one. Rarely smiles. Never laughs. I don't think he has a "silly" bone in his body. He's basically just your ordinary guy, not emotional, not artistic or creative, not the kind of guy who cracks up at a joke, or acts out. Just a straight ahead, ordinary type of guy.
His Dad would mourn for him right now. Surely we're not heading into an "O.J. Simpson" scenario here! Please Tiger, not that! Don't sink to that.
I want the old Tiger Woods back.
Could we start over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment