Thursday, October 22, 2009

DameElizabeth


I'm part of the Elizabeth Taylor generation.
I'm also part of the "Twitter" generation.
So when I heard that Elizabeth had "twittered" about her recent heart surgery, I went on the search.
And there she was!
DameElizabeth - "Dear Friends, My heart procedure went off perfectly. It's like having a brand new ticker. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes."

When I googled this, I found a great shot of an elderly Elizabeth Taylor.
She was the most beautiful woman in the world as a popular actress when she was young. And she played many roles very well. Her role as a young girl, earnest and dedicated, was every bit as good as her role as a high class hooker. She never took herself seriously.
It's been said that her strongest role was playing the perfect celebrity. She knew the press. She knew her public. And she had both of them in the palm of her hand. Still does as noted by the "twitter" above.

http://twitter.com/DAMEELIZABETH

No comments:

Post a Comment