Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dancing with myself

Have you heard that song? Research tells me it's a Billy Idol song - a guy I don't know much about. But the one I like is by "Nouvelle Vague". It took me awhile to figure out what she was saying. And she just keeps saying it over and over. "Dancing with myse-elf".
That's what I do. I dance with myself.
It started innocently enough - adding background music to the workouts in my bedroom.
Before I realized what was happening, I was dancing all over the room.
And I continue to do this. Sometimes, I overdo it - the muscles in my arms get sore. I threw out the 5 pound weights I was dancing with. Then I threw out the 3 pound weights. Now I'm down to my old 2-pounders. I've had those babies for 20 years.
I'll dance to anything. Oscar Peterson. Feist. That Taylor Swift girl. Even when Lang Lang plays Hungarian Rhapsody - now that's wild! And the volume goes up and up.
"I've started dancing with myself" I said to a girlfriend the other day.
"Oh. Really?"

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grandma! I totally dance with myse-elf too. It's very funny when Grace all of a sudden walks into the room and stares at me like I just turned into a giraffe. I am here in Kamloops, and the place we are staying in has provided me with my own room! I am very delighted with that. See you!

    Love, Sue.

    ReplyDelete