Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Bra Shop

The Bra Shop

There are 2 ways to shop for a bra.
1. The Department Store:
There are thousands of bras in the department store, and often you have to find your own. So after plowing through all the styles and getting the right size – you go to the fitting room. If you like the bra but it’s not the right size, and the lady in charge isn’t around, you have to get your clothes on again and go look yourself. And if none of your choices work – well, you get my drift. And to be honest, I often quit right there, and figure I’ll try another time.

2. The Bra Shop
If I had to choose between the luxury of a spa, and the luxury of the Bra Shop, I would choose the Bra Shop every time. Most times when you walk in, you’re the only one there. The lady welcomes me, checks my size, immediately gives me bras to try on, and scurries about finding more and more. The labels all have exotic names, the bras have stitching and ribbon and designs that you never see in department stores. And the lady does all the looking. All I do is put them on, she runs in to make an adjustment here and there, I say “yay” or “nay” and it’s done. We giggle and discuss our bra problems. She has lots of suggestions and hints. She gets me everything from sensible bras to not so sensible bras. “Oh yes” she says “your husband will love that one”. They show you other items in the store and you have fun trying stuff on. And they always have a sale rack. Yes, the Bra Shop costs more. Last time I was in I came out with the most beautiful bra I’ve ever had ($175)! But this bra will give me great joy, and will still look beautiful in 10 years. I got three other bras all on sale. All beautiful. These items will last me for a long time with proper care.

Find a Bra Shop, and life will be good.

1 comment:

  1. You are preaching to the choir on this one, Bernice! Yes, I can totally relate. Bra boutiques are the best! I once took my sister Jen to a lovely bra shop and talked her into one of the expensive, precisely fitted by an expert type of bras, and was just as happy for her as if I was getting a new one myself! Unfortunately, she found it too uncomfortable to wear! I was so distraught about it, I offered to buy her another more comfortable one but she wouldn't hear of it. Great post, Bernice. You are a very good writer! Did you read the article in the New Yorker about Nora Roberts? The Harlequin Romance novelist who has written over 300 books and makes 68 million a year? Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete